Sunday, September 18, 2011

LAST NIGHT IN BEIJING, SEPT 14: ARTISTS & TEMPLE OF HEAVEN

 Harriet, Jon and me with a group of young artists:  painters, designers and musicians who love Jesus!  Harriet shared about idols in our lives and I about overcoming worry - it was effective again to end with writing the idols and worries on the dissolving paper, pray and then drop in the water! The scientists among them were so impressed by the illustration we left the remaining papers with them...I think they learned allot too :)...
We were entertained by a beautiful song, played on the piano and sung for us.  Then we headed home but couldn't find a taxi...and for the first time, rode a city bus!  The cost?  1.5 yuan (1 yuan =  15 cents).
Got to hotel late and still needed to pack but so full of joy at the new connections made and the leadership emerging in Beijing!
 Jon saw the Temple of Heaven in the morning while Harriet and I were with JuFang.  Then, while Jon and I made a last stop at the Silk Market for a pair of shoes for him, Harriet went there with Hope!  It is a beautiful experience and so fascinating to know the emperor once worshiped the "one god" there!
An older photo taken when Mary, Sharon and Yolanda were there but I thought you'd enjoy!
I will post a few videos on Facebook coming soon...seems they are so slow to load here but some great stuff for you to see.

To all who have supported us in prayer and financially, I thank you for this opportunity - it is an experience I hope many of you will share with me!  To see the church in Acts happening in our time and impacting the world, AND to have a small part in equipping this force for Evangelism is a blessing too big for mere words.
With love and appreciation,
Peggy

No comments:

Post a Comment