Saturday, May 14, 2011

BEIJING MAY 14, 2011!

Great First Day with Chinese Sisters! Lynne Worcester and I arrived in Beijing last night and after a good rest - we attended a wedding with Hope!  Lovely beginning for certain and after a few brief notes - I would love for you to read Lynne's blog which I have also copied after my notes - she says it all so well and I love to see the perspectives of our team members - Lynne is hooked on these sisters as am I!



Our first lovely lady to receive a prayer shawl from the KnitWits - Knitting a Witness for Christ!  My photos are dark...sorry but Esther's face is bright and so happy to be loved and prayed for - the precious KnitWits have blessed women all over the world with these gifts of love and the women here send their love and appreciation!



Lynne with our KnitWit's scarf recipient!  Both beautiful and happy at the Tea House with 50 sisters watching (and 1 sweet husband accompanying his wife).  Lynne captivated the women with her heartfelt testimony of childhood abuse and God's healing hand - and how He has redeemed her parenting.  Her teaching was timely and so well received!

My teaching on 4 women in the Bible studied 4 distinct personality styles with which the women identified - it was fun to see them relate to these women!  The women in this picture identified with Lydia, the seller of purple who cared for Paul.  They are determined leaders!

Each personality inspired questions as to our service to God and how each one relates to husbands and other sisters.  These women identified with Abigail who saved her household from certain death and later married King David!


These women related to Hannah who patiently waited for a child, Samuel, which she promised and gave to God for His service. One woman commented about desiring to emulate Hannah even more in her commitment to give all to the Lord!


And these women identified with Mary the mother of Jesus!  Mary, the loyal one of unquestioning devotion to God no matter the personal cost.  These are the steady, faithful servants.




AND NOW TAKE A LOOK AT LYNNE'S POSTING:

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Beijing Beginnings

Oh my, where do I start!  Today was amazing.  It began with a wedding celebration with a room full of Chinese Christians who totally exuded the JOY OF THE LORD!  Their faces are a marked contrast to the dour looks of most of the Chinese you see on the street and in the markets.  We sang Amazing Grace about 10 times - I think these brothers and sisters GET IT big time!!!



Then we grabbed a quick lunch (I can now eat with chopsticks!  I was so excited about that accomplishment that I forgot to stop eating when I got full - I just kept shoveling it in proudly!  Pride goeth before a REALLY full tummy - groan) and then walked to the Tea House, which is run by Christian women, with shelves of Bibles right in the main room!   This was a teaching time for believers from many different house churches in the area.  Peggy Sperling is my friend who invited me and is the Director of Women's Connections for Global Partners in Hope.  She is just amazing, and the love the Chinese women have for her is quite evident, as is her love for them.

Yesterday I heard that the expected number of women at this event was about 20, but by the time we got underway, there were about 50 women packed into every nook and cranny.  They were eager students of the Word!  Peggy taught a wonderful class on Women of the Bible and their personality styles - they had so much fun identifying themselves and finding out which of their sisters shared their style.

The teaching I gave was on Parenting God's Way.  MUCH prayer had gone into this because I know there is so much hurt involved in their past and a danger of opening deep wounds.  Many tears were shed as I shared stories of abuse and God's healing and challenged them to make God's Word the standard rather than their culture.  We talked about the gifts we can give our children, and one of those gifts is to honor and respect their husbands.  OH MY!  It appears that was a hot button issue too - divorce is rampant in China right now, and the idea of honoring your husband even when he "doesn't deserve it" was a new thought to many, and one that a few resisted.  But here's a fabulous thing:  these women want you to hit them between the eyes with the truth!  They are not offended or hurt, just challenged to take another step of obedience to the Father!  I am learning much from them already!

I could write so much more, but I'd best head for bed.  THANK YOU to those who have been praying for health and energy.  God has more than answered.  However, I do feel like my laptop - when the battery gives you a "low" warning, it's got about 2 minutes left, and I'm here to tell you, my lights are flickering!  Nighty night!   I cannot wait for tomorrow - I'm sure there will be lots more to share.  Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we could ask or think, to him be all glory and honor and praise!  

No comments:

Post a Comment