Friday, March 19, 2010

Wednesday, 3.17.10

It’s hard to find words to express my joy today! There have been so many divine appointments in the past few days and no time to post them… I didn’t have access to my own camera at first so I will have some pictures for you in the next day or so. Since the event filled weekend and leaving you hanging about our Sunday night experience at the “Upper Room” restaurant here in Beijing, the minutes have been filled to over-flowing!

Okay, about the “Upper Room”: first, can you believe there is such a place here?? Every night they begin with their band, playing “How Great Thou Art” at 8pm and play worship music for several hours! We met some incredible contacts who are so excited about beginning women’s ministry here! It was a blessing to be there and to be served a wonderful dessert and to be driven home in a lovely car by the owners! I can’t wait to see what happens with each of these connections here. It is also a reading room and coffee house in the daytime.

Mary and I did some Silk Market shopping on Monday, caught our breath a bit and then went to dinner at Iwona and Ramsey Fahel’s lovely home. These are friends of Nancy and Wayne Patterson and we enjoyed a wonderful meal and a great time with the family, including their daughters, Malvina and Esther. On Tuesday we went to visit a community center run by people supported by a church in CA. They teach dance, martial arts and language for children and have begun a great work here. There were two other couples there who also knew two of our GPiH board members and had spent time with one the day before – just really neat connections again!

Tuesday night, I taught a class on parenting – and not because I am a great expert, but with God’s help I believe it was a blessing to those in attendance from Josh and Sabina’s ministry. I will update you with the next blog about the gift of “dirt” I gave and the fun results! In the meantime, check out the site for the Upper Room if you’d like: http://www.upperroomrainbow.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment