Thursday, December 10, 2009

Wednesday Update


It's been so busy and so Great! In addition to seeing Heaven's Temple and the ancient architecture there, we shopped at the Pearl Market - another adventure! So many compliments!! - "Hey lady, you so pretty ...want to buy jade?...Hey lady you beautiful, want to buy ...??" I'm thinking they were all quite sincere, what do you think?? :)



By far one of the highlights was last night. Sabina and I met with 10 women who are Mary Kay consultants here. I gave them some training on leadership as well as giving some highlights of Mary Kay’s own teachings about God and the business. Specifically her quote to me: “We are in the business of reaching people and touching lives for the Lord, cosmetics is just a vehicle.” I also shared my personal testimony with them and answered questions. They want so much to keep their focus on God first and family second but are being encouraged to focus on money and cars. They certainly loved hearing Mary Kay’s own encouragement on the subject and how much she wanted us to prioritize our faith and family!!

These women are very excited to come to a “Sweet Saturday” this week and to bring their friends!! The best part was welcoming a new “sister” into the Kingdom last night! They are so refreshingly direct here. At the end of my talk Sabina simply asked (I have to get the spelling of the young woman’s name – so I’ll call her “sis” for now) Sis if she was ready to accept. She said she loved people already and was good and just wanted to love like Mary Kay did. I told her Mary Kay was in Heaven and would want to meet her there one day. We shared how that would happen and well, we have a new sister!”

There is so much more, but I am off to bed for now. Enjoy a few more pictures!

Much love,
Peggy

2 comments:

  1. I have very much enjoyed your comments and pictures. It all looks familiar!! It does look like the weather is colder than when we were there in October. God is doing great things and using you to accomplish His purpose. Will continue to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Peggy, the prayers are jumping the ocean. Love the picture which shows your tears. What a testimony to God's miraculous work going on there RIGHT NOW! Shalom....

    ReplyDelete