Sunday, July 4, 2010

Saturday, July 3

Wish you were here!

I know I am behind in writing this week. Oh, what a week it has been! I will give you a brief summary for now and, as is my custom, I will write a trip journal when I return home with more of the highlights.

On the 29th of June - We went to the Forbidden City with Dony. I have never before experienced the “instant friendships” one develops here! It is such a pleasure. I do have to say it was very hot and humid for this Colorado girl :) and Maye, Faye and I were in competition as to who was the drippiest! Later on we went to train on how to lead a Bible study for small groups. Another great day!

On the 30th of June - Our team went to the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall with Eunice (pastor’s wife of the Chinese international church) and Dony. It was really nice getting to know Eunice and sharing about the vision of Global Partners to help orchestrate religious freedom in China! We rode chair lifts to the wall this time, walked and took pictures and then decided to ride down on the sky slide. It was so funny to see Dony intervene so that Maye and Faye could ride down. Their beautiful silver hair caused the Chinese workers to question whether they were young enough to ride (my hair of course is a “natural” brown :))… the sign there says you can’t ride for various reasons including if you are “old and weak”. We all got a big laugh out of that and it became a “funny” the rest of the week! Dinner that evening was with Shaun and Sarah at another Christian restaurant in Beijing. We met some terrific people again and enjoyed fellowship.

I will catch you up on the rest tomorrow. So much to tell including the terrific training today with another 45-50 ladies and some really really wonderful possibilities!! Stay tuned…

Blessings and a hug from Beijing!

No comments:

Post a Comment